Because the parlor floor is now totally open, we decided to buy a pretty powerful Kobe vent hood so the smells when cooking on our monster oven won’t permeate the whole room. Husband figured out how to vent it out today in just a few hours. It involved buying a lot of random stuff from the plumbing section (including real duct tape – there is apparently a difference besides the price) and shimmying in and out of a mini window to drill holes while standing on our neighbor’s roof. And in the end, we didn’t completely lose a cabinet, which is always awesome for storage.
P.S. Check out the base molding. We’re probably moving to the second floor next weekend. It’s nearly done. Woot!